Saturday, August 30, 2008

Realization

I'm starting to realize that I'm being selfish... I'm not ready to let her go.   

 Lord, why must you take away Grandma?  She and I were like peas and carrots... I adored her and couldn't wait for her to be with me & celebrate my upcoming wedding day.... she never got to see me in my wedding dress... and this thought brings me to tears.

I'm just in shock--
She was so health conscious and active.  She never missed a doctors appointment.  Just last week when I saw her, she had never felt better... She's my Grandpa's best friend....  This decision to take her away feels like a low blow.

Lord... please comfort my family... please comfort and give strength to Grandpa....  most importantly, take care of Grandma.... although I know she's in good hands.   Amen.

For all those who read... prayers and thoughts are appreciated during this difficult time....



5 comments:

Hannah said...

Laura...oh my word! I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I want you to know that I am praying for you and your family. Lossing a grandparent is really hard. If you need anything let me know. Love you girl you're in my prayers!

lehcar said...

Concha.
You don't have to let her go.
Love,
Pilar.

Laura said...

I still feel that God took her away too soon...

mirandachih said...

life is not something we can clinch on forever, at least you are not looking back with regrets, the most you can do now is think of her, because when a person dies, he/she can only live in your memories now....

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Laura,
Sorry I haven't been able to check blogs lately. I am so sorry about your grandma. I know you guys were close. I remember hearing stories about her all the time. I know that words aren't always the most comforting, but it should give you comfort that you have a belief in God and that you know that she is probably so happy right now. It is hard that the timing was so early, but you never know the reason behind things. I love you and I hope you feel comforted.

ps your update on the NICU sounds amazing... keep those coming, i'm so dang fascinated and I'm going to live my dreams vicariously through you because you are living my dream job!!!