Sunday, June 22, 2008

Marginalized...



Yesterday my mom and I had an interesting "girls" evening out... We were invited to my older brother's X-girlfriend's wedding. I had no problem going to her wedding, because the 6 years that my brother and she were together... we got real close... you could say almost like sisters.

Well, as it turns out, people were not okay with us being the ex's family, making the night more awkward as the hours dragged on... Here is a recap of last night: Them : "Oh, and how do you know the bride?" Me: "Oh, she is my brother's EX, they dated for like 6 years." Them: "Uhh, ohhh, kay..."

Um yah, that was fun reading peoples expressions. Their looks reminded me of that look you get when you asked a really stupid question in class-- that "are you friggen kidding me" look.


The conversations didn't go over that 2-way 1 minute exchange. It was fun to scare people away.. but as the night went on, my mom and I felt more like outcasts. Boo!

Just as I was getting the liquid courage to get out on the dance floor and cut-a-rug (with my robot), I experienced a wardrobe malfunction. MAJOR malfunction. I guess the beer made me bloat--and my side zipper totally split in half. To make a long story even longer, I felt a nice pressure release on my left side and was like, "ahhh, sweet relief, I can breathe." Then immediately, CRAP, my whole left side was exposed!!!! Thank goodness for big purses and the spanx that go all the way up to your boobies. The purse covered my side while my mom escorted me out of the hotel, down the streets of downtown and eventually to our car.

Hmm. Is this a wake up call? Shall I go on a diet?



Or shall I just not drink beer when wearing dresses with side zippers? ;-)

The question will remain ongoing....

No comments: