Friday, July 11, 2008

The Perfect Week

Today has been a good week for 3 reasons:
1 a) I was productive in wedding planning... I decided on my wedding cake: the flavors and overall look that I want. YAY! My mom, dad, Kevin and I met with the cake lady (RaspberryRose) and got to taste-test yummy cake. We decided that one layer will be chocolate, another lemon and the last vanilla. All layers will have a raspberry filling in them.. Yummmm. We've decided to make Kevin a birthday cake too for that special evening. (If you don't know already, at the stroke of midnight on our wedding Kevin will be turning the B-I-G 30). He was diggin the strawberry flavored cake, so RapsberryRose is going to make an MU themed cake. How fun!

1 b) I booked our photographers! I met with Josh & Jenny Solar. What a CUTE couple! They are young, exciting, have great ideas and have beautiful work. I decided to snatch them up immediately. If you want to check out their work, they have a blog here on blogspot-- I have their link under my super fantastic friends area. (Josh Solar Photo)

2) I only worked one day this week (hehe)... I felt like I was on vacation! (not really, but still).

3) I prepared for my nursing boards all stinkin' week. My brain feels saturated. We will see.... tomorrow (Saturday) will be my day of pampering--this alone will make my super week complete. I think I'm going to splurge and get my nails done, yay for manicures!

'Tis all for now... I'm sure I'll blog more after my morning of NCLEX hell Sunday. Adios!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

It sounds like you had an amazing week! I can't wait to see you Monday and see you nails and hear about your test Sunday! You're almost done!!! Yippee!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you took a day to get pampered! You totally deserve it for working so hard at CFN last week....oh, wait, no you didn't! :) Just kidding! Good luck on the test tomorrow!! You will do great!

lehcar said...

Concha--I am so glad you are following the..everything that your heart desires. It's hard to balance nursing and getting married etc. but if your heart is in it you will make it no matter what! best wishes tomorrow morning. And I even declined going to the Ween concert (never heard of them anyway!) in case tomorrow night or evening you want to celebrate with a drink or two or three. You know, I'll always be there to support you. (if you have something else in mind for celebrations no problem, I can always play with me baby camille--who by the way--took her first freakin' steps tonight from my mom to me!!! a couple of times..and it really was the first time she let go of hands and stepped. yay!)
You will kick it conch..at least let me know how it goes!!@
love ya
pilar.

Josh said...

Thanks for the link and I can't wait to work with you and your fiance. You guys look like such a sweet couple!